Moodle has recently released a small upgrade for their Moodle version 3.8, in order to provide a better and improved user experience to the Moodle users.
This release has been made official on 9th of March, 2020.
Moodle 3.8 was released back in January, 2020 and the Moodle team has been on their toes to provide the best Moodle experience to their customers.
Moodle 3.8 bought along a lot of great features like
- Emoji Support
- New Forum Layout
- Calendar Filters
- Improved Reminders
Though most of these improvements introduced in Moodle 3.8.2 are for under the hood functionalities, we would like to highlight some for you:
- Dark mode support has been added in Moodle mobile app.
- Chrome 80 support in now part of the Moodle developer end.
- Search Courses now appear properly on all devices, ranging from small screen mobile phones to full blown size tablets.
- Notifications are now automatically marked as read when messaging is deactivated
- The Badges font has also been improvised.
- All the Competency User data is retained, even if the user is deleted.
- Splitting a discussion does not create discussion record with an incorrect first post author now.
- ‘The grades were not saved…’ now do not display a Success message, but instead return an error message.
- Q&A forum now allows students to reply to posts they cannot see or access.
- Emoji picker button now has a proper description.